Lost Stock Certificates

Brokerage firms, banks, transfer agents and corporations have procedures in place to help investors replace lost or stolen certificates. This process can be both complicated and expensive, which is why we recommend the shareholder try their best to track down the lost certificate before attempting to replace it. If you’ve exhausted all resources, you can find our Lost Certificate Form packet on our shareholder forms page

Lost Certificate Replacement

Prompt delivery of completed forms, with fees as specified below, will help to expedite the replacement process.

1. To process requests for the replacement of lost or stolen stock certificates, West Coast Stock Transfer (as transfer agent), the Issuer and the SEC require the Lost Securities Form filed with us. This first step authorizes West Coast Stock Transfer to place a stop on the certificate.

2. Upon receipt by the transfer agent of the Lost Securities Form, a “lost certificate/stop transfer” order will be placed against the certificate(s), and the certificates(s) will be reported to the Securities Information Center as lost. In order to assist you in arranging for the required lost instrument bond, we have adopted, as a convenience, a Blanket Lost Instrument Bond. The premium under this blanket bond is generally lower than the standard premium charged for individual bonds.* The premium is 2% of the market value of the securities (4% for foreign shareholders), subject to a minimum premium of $25.00. (The market value is calculated as the value on the day First West Coast Stock Transfer received report of the loss and put a “Stop Transfer” order on the certificate

3. An Agreement of Indemnity form will also need to be completed in triplicate form (3 originals) – signed by the shareholder(s) or the shareholder(s) legal representative, and notarized. Submit all copies to West Coast Stock Transfer.

4. Note: If the value of the lost securities EXCEEDS $50,000.00, the following form must also be provided: An Application For Lost Instrument Bond must be completed in triplicate (3 originals) – signed by the shareholder(s) or the shareholder(s) legal representative, and notarized. Submit all copies to West Coast Stock Transfer. Because Bond issuer may need to verify assets listed on this Application, they also require: a recent copy of bank and/or brokerage statements showing the assets listed, or a letter of authorization permitting Bond Issuer to contact the bank and/or broker to confirm the assets as described therein. If the Application is approved by Bond Issuer, West Coast Stock Transfer will then receive an Assumption Certificate authorizing the replacement of the lost certificate(s).

5. If the registered owner is a corporation, you must include a copy of the company’s corporate resolution, authorizing the officer who is signing these documents to sign on behalf of the corporation.

6. Fees- Please consider the market value and liquidity of your stock before beginning the process to replace your certificate. The fees associated with replacing a lost certificate are based on a percentage of the market value of the stock.

Lost Mail

If your certificate(s) were lost by the U.S. postal service, courier or parcel service, please call West Coast Stock Transfer to see if you are eligible to file for a mail loss bond to replace them. Keep in mind, it is best to transfer securities via courier service such as Federal Express, United Parcel Service, certified mail, etc).

Finding a Lost Certificate

If a lost certificate is found by the shareholder or a related party, the shareholder will be subject to a recovery-filing fee to reactivate the stock certificate. To re-activate the lost certificate with West Coast Stock Transfer, shareholders will need to send the applicable fees and the Stop Release Letter stating that the certificate was found. Once this letter is received, West Coast Stock Transfer will reactivate the certificate and remove the stop previously placed.